We unboxed the DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel from Blackmagic Design. This control surface has great build quality, layout, and functionality for normal color grading workflows, all at a very competitive price.
- Great price point - just under $1000
- Nice, solid build quality - almost a metal feel.
- Everything laid out where you'd want.
- Very good responsiveness, solid feel.
- Works with DaVinci Resolve and ATEM live systems.
- USB-C is the unit's only connection - no desk clutter. USB-C to USB 3.0 converter cable included.
- Missing Dedicated RGB direct control knobs, but that control is still available through the software.
- Toggle switch to convert to LOG (Shadow, Mids, Highlights)
- YRGB scale - RGB, plus Luma (Lift, Gamma, Gain)
- Color Boost - similar to Vibrance in Lightroom
- Saturation, Hue, Luma Mix
- Adjustable sensitivity of input wheels
- Right-side function buttons help speed up workflow.
- Grab still feature
- Viewer button to toggle fullscreen
Bang for the buck: Even lacking the bells and whistles of the higher-end Mini Panel, and compared with Tangent's suite, this quality panel has most main functions you'd want for typical grading, at a great price.
For more info see BlackmagicDesign.com